Apea (ecologically equipped production area)
CIPNES - Gallura considers the reconversion of its industrial area in an Ecologically Equipped Production Area (APEA) as a priority and, with the aim of favouring and supporting the ecologically sustainable establishment of new production activities, ensures greater and permanent attention to all environmental matrices, implements the principles of eco-efficiency and environmental sustainability and ensures a governance based on an integrated management of environmental, health and safety issues of the entire consortium production area pursuant to art. 26 of Legislative Decree n. 112/1998.
The specific technical and organizational addresses and requirements of an A.P.E.A. are defined by the Sardinian Region with Resolution G.R. n. 4/2 of 25.01.2013 - Regional Directives on the Subject of Ecologically Equipped Production Areas.
The priority objectives of CIPNES are as follows:
- higher environmental performance compared to the sum of the benefits obtainable from the optimization of the production processes of each established company;
- socio-economic and competitive benefits for companies operating within the consortium areas;
- a marketing and attractive action on which to base the improvement of the area’s image and reputation, thanks to the APEA qualification;
- cost savings for established companies;
- protection of the environment, health and safety of workers;
- to promote the area and attract new companies wishing to establish themselves in the CIPNES APEA area;
- design and construction of energy production and distribution infrastructures from renewable sources in the consortium industrial area, such as cycle paths with photovoltaic coverage, biomethane for recovery of municipal and organic waste, and thermodynamic solar energy;
- integrated management systems to manage energy, water supply, wastewater disposal, rainwater recovery, use of materials, waste, processing product flows, so as to ensure the reuse, recycling and maximization of energy efficiency for the benefit of the consortium area and its users;
- monitoring of performance and an improvement plan;
- enhancement of information sources for products, processes and innovation of the organization, through the creation of advanced ICT networks, in order to strengthen relations with the outside world and improve logistics services to ensure availability and punctuality of goods and materials;
- integration in the local community so that the industrial / production site can be considered as an opportunity to improve the quality of life through social structures that are easy to access for workers and citizens.